Bringing any animal into your home and family is a financial commitment for the lifetime of the animal. The initial adoption fee of $275 is just the beginning, but it is reasonable to ask what services are included in the adoption donation, and what additional expenses will be required.
Pre-adoption Expenses (Mandatory):
- Pet Supplies (food, dog bowls, bed, etc.)
- Veterinarian search
Basic Adoption Expenses, covered by Adoption Fee * :
- Spaying or neutering
- De-worming if required
- All vaccinations, including rabies vaccine
- 1 month of heartworm preventative medication
- Teeth cleaning
- A new “greyhound-safe” collar with matching leash
- An I.D. tag
- A lifetime of advice and support from GPA-Wisconsin
- A guarantee to take the dog back anytime during the life of the dog should it be required
* The Adoption fee is $250 for applications received prior to January 1, 2017, and then $275 for applications received after January 1, 2017.
- Muzzle: $12
Note that in some cases, depending on the dog and on the specific home environment where the dog will be placed, GPA-Wisconsin will require that a crate be purchased. Please contact GPA-Wisconsin for the correct crate size before making final arrangements to obtain the crate.