Bringing any animal into your home and family is a financial commitment for the lifetime of the animal. Our adoption fee of $275 ($300 starting January 1, 2018) is just the beginning, but it is reasonable to ask what services are included in the adoption donation, and what additional expenses will be required.
Pre-adoption Expenses (Mandatory):
- Pet Supplies (food, dog bowls, bed, etc.)
- Veterinarian search
Basic Adoption Expenses, covered by Adoption Fee * :
- Spaying or neutering
- Initial de-worming treatment
- All pet vaccinations, including rabies vaccine**
- 1 month of heartworm preventative medication
- Teeth cleaning
- A new “greyhound-safe” collar with matching leash
- A metal ID tag
- A lifetime of advice and support from GPA-Wisconsin
- A guarantee to take the dog back anytime during the life of the dog should it be required
* The Adoption fee is $275 for applications received prior to January 1, 2018, and then $300 for applications received after January 1, 2018.
** Some group activities such as obedience classes, boarding or “doggy day-care” may require a Bordatella or “kennel cough” vaccination, which is not covered by the Adoption Fee.
Note that in some cases, depending on the dog and on the specific home environment where the dog will be placed, GPA-Wisconsin will require that a crate be purchased. Please contact GPA-Wisconsin for the correct crate size before making final arrangements to obtain the crate.