Bringing any animal into your home and family is a financial commitment for the lifetime of the animal. Our adoption fee of $300 is just the beginning, but it is reasonable to ask what services are included in the adoption donation, and what additional expenses will be required.
Pre-adoption expenses (mandatory)
- Pet supplies such as food, dog bowls and dog beds.
- Veterinarian search.
Basic adoption expenses, covered by GPA-WI adoption fee *
- Spaying or neutering.
- Initial deworming treatment.
- All pet vaccinations, including rabies** vaccine.
- 1 month of heartworm preventative medication.
- Teeth cleaning.
- A new “greyhound-safe” collar with matching leash.
- Metal ID tag.
- A lifetime of advice and support from GPA-WI.
- A guarantee to take the dog back at any time during the life of the dog should it be required.
Note that in some cases, depending on the dog and on the specific home environment where the dog will be placed, GPA-WI will require that a crate be purchased. Contact GPA-WI for the correct crate size before making final arrangements to obtain the crate.
* Adoption fee is $275 for applications received prior to January 1, 2018, and $300 for applications received after January 1, 2018.
** Some group activities such as obedience classes, boarding or doggy daycare may require a bordatella or kennel cough vaccination, which is not covered by the adoption fee.