Jaylo and Puppies
GPA-Wisconsin grew by eight puppies on November 28, 2018! In October 2018, greyhound Jaylo, who was in a foster home waiting to be adopted, began showing some signs that signaled she was pregnant just a week prior to her scheduled spay surgery.
Jaylo’s foster home and “greyt” GPA-WI volunteers built Jaylo a whelping box and helped Jaylo every step of the way. Jaylo became a new mom on November 28, 2018. She went into labor around 12:15 p.m. that day and delivered about one puppy per hour. Jaylo had lots of help all throughout the day, and Jaylo’s volunteer team reported that she was a trooper and barely whimpered at all.
You can help Jaylo and the puppies
While just having one child can be a big experience, Jaylo has eight! With the vet bills and food required for raising multiple little ones, Jaylo could use your financial help caring for her big family! Donate to help Jaylo through PayPal (note “Jaylo” or “puppies” when making the PayPal payment)
Notice for greyhound puppy applications (January 2019)
GPA-WI is currently accepting applications for the greyhound puppies. The puppy adoption fee is $650.00
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING:
- Applicants MUST have previous retired racing greyhound experience.
- Applicants MUST have a fenced-in yard.
- Applicants MUST include “Puppy” with their last name when filling out the online application. (Ex: “John Doe-Puppy.”)
- Applicants MUST apply by February 14, 2019, for their application to be considered.
- Applicants MAY ignore the application fee when filling out the online application.
Note: Your submission of a puppy adoption application allows your application to simply be considered. Submitting a puppy adoption application DOES NOT guarantee application approval and DOES NOT guarantee puppy adoption.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being considered for adoption, fill out the online adoption application: click here >>
Puppy photos and video